Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Handmade unisex / masculine Apple iPad sleeve / case from Belvidesigns

When I saw this fabric in the store, I thought that it would make a very attractive and understated iPad sleeve. I think it turned out quite well. It has blue, dark brown, and light brown woven into it. I paired it with a brown wool felt for the closure tab, which really enhances the subtle beauty of this fabric. The lining is a solid brown cotton-blend fabric.


It is a tricky fabric to handle as it frays easily; I had to fuse an interface to it before I started any of the sewing. The interface really helped to stabilize the material. I also added another layer of more-rigid interface and a layer of felt to provide additional structure and protection to the sleeve. I am very happy with the outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment