Thursday, September 30, 2010

Handmade Apple iPad sleeve / case / cover - "It is what it is" & other idioms and sayings

The other night my husband and I were coming up with some common sayings that people use on a daily basis and we were discussing which ones we really like. This exercise gave me the idea to put some these sayings on the face of an Apple iPad case for my Belvidesigns shop on Etsy. So here is the result of my first iPad cover and I named it "It is what it is".

In addition to making the sleeve itself, I had to first print the the idioms on a photo fabric sheet (It's made of cotton twill) and then sew it onto the cover of the sleeve. I also put the Velcro closure on the inside of the sleeve so that it doesn't distract from the front cover. Of course, as soon as I was done, I thought of another saying that I really like, which I will include in the next case I make. The case shown here is very sturdy and padded to provide ample protection for an iPad. I like this one so much I may use it for my own iPad.


No comments:

Post a Comment