Sunday, December 5, 2010

Handmade purse / shoulder bag - Olive / moss green linen w pockets n floral flap

I've been meaning to get back to making some everyday bags like purses, shoulder bags, totes, messenger bags for sometime, but just hadn't found the time to do it. Recently a potential customer asked me to design a bag for her, which got me inspired again to get back into making "non-gadget" bags. When I first started making purses and handbags, I focused mainly on the functional side of the design, which means that the products were not always as stylish as people would like. I  believe that I have grown over the years to better incorporate both style and function in my creations. Here is something I just finished making.


The material is a heavy olive green linen (probably blended with cotton) lined with a smooth dark-beige rayon-blend fabric. It's interfaced for structure and shape, is equipped with 2 large pockets inside and another pocket outside. The floral closure flap is both decorative and functional -- it's equipped with magnetic snap. It's a beautiful bag, if I may say so myself. It's already listed on my Belvidesigns shop on Etsy.







No comments:

Post a Comment